Monday, March 22, 2010

Balance

I had this science teacher in 6th grade and every time he would say "balance" he would drag it out like ballaaaaannnceee. So, now when I hear that word I can't help but say it like that in my head!

Anyways...finding a way to balance all facets of life is a tricky thing, I've come to realize. Between working full time, spending quality time with the husband, getting dinner on the table, attemping to keep the house clean (key word: attempting), and church activities, I sometimes feel like I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Sometimes, it gets to be a bit overwhelming, ya know what I mean? Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way complaining about any of these things. I've allowed myself to get too overwhelmed lately and when that happens, I tend to shut down. It's something I'm definitely working on! I'm trying to be better about planning ahead with meals or even taking 20 minutes when I get home from work to straighten the house up a bit. I've found that a lot can be done in those 20 minutes! In the last few months, I've found it's been easier to balance everything and for that I'm thankful! I have a tendency to be a perfectionist at times, so I continually have to remind myself that things aren't always going to be perfect. It's just another reminder that I am a work in progress and that God isn't finished with me yet!

No comments: