Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Thankful Heart

Just some things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving:

A God who loves me unconditionally and extends His grace and mercy when I don't always deserve it.

A husband who I love more and more each day. He makes me laugh until I cry, he encourages me and prays for me, he wipes my tears away...he is my very best friend. I thank God every day for him and for a marriage that has Christ at the center.

My family who I love to pieces. We've been through a lot in the last two years, but it's only made us closer. We are a bit spread out these days, but that doesn't change anything. We have so many wonderful memories and we create new ones each time we get together. It's such a blessing to consider my parents and siblings some of my closest friends.

My husband's family. I've been blessed to have married into a family who loves the Lord.

My church family. We may be few in number, but these are some of the most genuine people I've ever met. These people love God with their whole hearts and are earnestly seeking Him. I have grown so much since I first started there about three years ago. I've learned Truth at New Life and I'm so thankful for all that God teaches me each time I step in the door.

My job. While it might not be the greatest at times, I am incredibly thankful that I have a job to go to each day. I love my co-workers and we do have a blast together every day. I love that I get to encourage and help high school students.

My health.
My car.
A place to lay my head each night.
Food in the refrigerator.

I could go on and on, but those are some of the big things I'm currently thankful for. I told H the other day that it's so important to thank God for the little things as well. I even thanked God that I found my sunglasses after searching for them for a week!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." --James 1:17

1 comment:

jen mccrady said...

hey! we got that centerpiece bowl at crate & barrel. i bet if you google "centerpiece bowl", you'd find some that you like!